Bundt (Gugelhupf) Cake Recipe
Inspired by a traditional European cake, Bundt cake is the perfect holiday dish, completely soft & decorative for this season.
- 300 g of flour
- 200 g butter, softened
- 400 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 70 g icing sugar
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt in the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with Flat Beater. Mix on speed 1 for 15 seconds.
- In another bowl, place butter and sugar. Mix on speed 4 for 1 minute. Add eggs and continue mixing for another minute.
- Gradually add flour mixture and buttermilk. Mix until smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter in a greased bundt baking tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 170°C.
- Mix cream cheese, milk and icing sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Pour the icing over the bundt cake. Finish off with rosemary and fresh cranberries.