Bundles of joy Recipe
Craving chocolate? Treat your taste buds with this traditional and simple chocolate recipe.
- 20 truffles
- 250 g dark chocolate (60%)
- 120 g heavy cream
- 100 g dark cocoa powder
- 50 g coconut flakes
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.
- Attach the Slicer/Shredder attachment fitted with a coarse shredding blade to the stand mixer. Grate the chocolate on speed 6.
- Heat the cream over medium heat until very hot but be careful not to bring the cream to boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Attach the Flat Beater to the stand mixer and mix for 3 minutes on stir speed until smooth.Pour the truffle mixture into a shallow tray. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Toast the coconut flakes on medium heat. Let cool completely and transfer the coconut flakes to the Food Processor fitted with a multi-purpose blade. Pulse until the coconut flakes are finely chopped but not powdered. Place the chopped coconut flakes in a shallow plate. Place the cocoa powder in a separate shallow plate. (This step works best if you wear thin latex gloves.)
- Using a melon baller, scoop out a small amount of the cooled truffle mixture and shape into a ball with a diameter of approximately 2,5 cm. Roll half of the balls in the cocoa powder and half in the coconut flakes.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.